Friday, August 1, 2008

you'll be director, and i'll be your movie star

How many of you have been watching a movie and suddenly felt instantly drawn to a character and their style? Searched for pictures of them and drooled of admiration at their clothes? If you have a favourite movie character, and want others to know about it, then keep on reading!

I would like to celebrate some of the wardrobes of different movie characters, and to do that I need your help. Just write down your favourite movie character and a bit about why you love his/her style so much, what makes you like it so much more than other movie characters etc. and send it to me at: stylespot@hotmail.com. I'll make a post out of your choices, and your blog will be featured here on StyleSpot. Can't wait to hear who your favourites are!

To kick this off, I'll start with my absolute favourite movie style icon. I can tell you that it wasn't particularly easy to choose just one. My thoughts drifted to everyone from Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's to Edie in Factory Girl to Alice in Closer to the girls in Chicago, but in the end I found out who my ultimate favourite is: Nikki from Alfie (though the competition between her and Carrie Bradshaw was tough).




When I saw the movie Alfie for the first time, I fell absolutely in love with Nikki and her free spirited and wild 60s look. The lovely fur gilets, the great moccasin boots, the gorgeous hippie dresses and tops, the cute floppy hats and the cool slouchy boots made me wish I could jump into the tv-screen and become her. Even though she clearly is bipolar and has a very complex and difficult personality, I instantly wanted to become her because of her wild, rebellious and fun sides. Everything with her stylewise is just perfection in this movie.











No comments:

Post a Comment