Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yellow Is Coming Back

I am under the impression that not all that many people like to wear the colour yellow. I have heard quite a few people say that they feel like they look like a chicken if they wear a piece of bright yellow clothing and that it makes them extremely uncomfortable. I wonder why such a happy, lovely colour is seen as such a "no-no" to wear by so many? Since there aren't that many yellow clothes to find in the shops and since there have been quite a few months since I've actually seen someone wearing something bright yellow, I had kind of forgotten that I actually used to love this colour on clothes so much. When I saw these pictures found on The Sartorialist and Facehunter, my love for yellow is having a great comeback. I would definitely not say no to a coat like the one the first girl is wearing, or a dress like the third one has on.

What's your relationship to wearing yellow? Do you love it or hate it?



The designers are definitely trying to make yellow big. Many of the Spring/Summer 09 collections had creations in all different shades of the colour. Bold, mustard-y shades were seen in collections by Marc Jacobs and Christian Dior. Pale, soothing pastel yellow was fronted by Erin Fetherston, Elie Saab, ChloƩ and Zac Posen, while a more electric and alive shade of the colour was put on the catwalk by the likes of Versace, DKNY and Alexander McQueen. Are there any of them that you prefer?










Images: The Sartorialist, Facehunter, Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment