Friday, September 19, 2008

Alexa During London Fashion Week

I know that I keep raving on and on about Alexa Chung, but I just can't help it so therefore (yes, you guessed) here is yet another post on her. In general, I'm not really that into all of the it-girls that keep popping up all over the places, like for example the Geldof sisters, Daisy Lowe, Kimberley Stewart, Alice Dellal and so on and so on...and so on. Don't get me wrong..I do enjoy a lot of their outfits and some of them are quite inspiring, but it's just the whole it-girl phenomenon that I'm not that into. On wikipedia an it-girl is described like this: An It girl or It-girl is a charming, sexy young woman who receives intense media coverage unrelated or disproportional to personal achievements.I can't help feeling that it-girls are no more than spoilt brats who need constant attention, but hey, that might just be me so feel free to disagree.

The reason why I feel differently for Alexa Chung is because she's actually done something to earn her fame. Her TV presenting is good, she does a great job at modeling and she writes very well. Also, I think that in every interview and show she appears in, she always has this grace about her and she always shines with her charm, wit and intelligence. Alexa has that little extra something that makes her really stand out of the it-girl crowd. Still, I've also heard that she can be quite arrogant, so who really knows? Maybe she's just fooling me with her brilliant facade, but isn't that what we all do more or less in a way?

Anyway, talking about standing out in a crowd, Alexa definitely has done so during London Fashion Week. She's been wearing everything from a vintage Ossie Clark dress to a Luella skirt to a Charles Anastase blazer and an AA skirt. Lately I found her style getting a bit too predictable in a way, like I'd seen the outfit she wore 20 times before on her, but this week she has defintely rummaged through her closet and created wonderful outfit combinations. I'm really into her brown vintage leather bag. Must write that down on my "Things to buy"-list.


Why not be a mini-Alexa or at least take some great style inspiration from her? Here are some of her London Fashion Week must-haves:
And as if not only attending many of the great shows at London Fashion Week was enough, Alexa Chung actually walked the catwalk for Vivenne Westwood's Red Label yesterday aswell. I said her modeling is great, non?


Images: style.com, Polyvore

No comments:

Post a Comment