Sunday, September 28, 2008

Carrie's Paris, My Paris

Just to let you all know: this will is me from today and until October 5th. A reaction like this is not uncommon for me, and let me tell you that when I saw the Eiffel Tower for the first time when I was in Paris about two years ago, I had almost an exact same reaction like Carrie when she saw it. No kidding! I try to control it, but I have found that it's actually quite uncontrolable. Unfortunately, I'm not going to Paris today (oh how I wish!), but Paris will be coming to me through my laptop screen. Ladies and gentlemen, you all know what I am talking about: Paris Fashion Week is finally here!


To celebrate that Paris Fashion Week has arrived, I thought what better way to do it than combine two of my great fascinations and adorations, Paris and Carrie, and create a post out of it?! Watching the two last Sex & The City episodes where we get to follow Carrie and her experiences in Paris is such a lovely way to relax and just enjoy some great entertainment, fantastic fashion and not to mention wonderful surroundings. I admire the way Patricia Fields has styled Carrie in these episodes because the outfits reflect both Carrie's own way of dressing, but also adds the European and especially the French styles. May Paris Fashion Week bring us the same inspiration that we get from looking at these outfits!




I threw in this photo not only because Carrie's dress is wonderful, but also as a kind of "lucky charm" for the models who will fall on the runway during these days (we all know it will happen!). Here's hoping they at least will fall in style, just like Carrie.

Images from: sarahjparker.com, hbo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment