Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Take A Walk On The Wild Side

Okay, so today's post is not MJ's great guess of stalking MK for a full day and taking lots of marvelous photos of her (that would have been a phenomenol post!), but some of you guessed it anyway. This post is all about leopard because ever since I saw these two photos from New York Fashion Week (Lou Doillon) and Milan Fashion Week (The Sartorialist girl), I've had leopard print spinning in my head.




I know that it's maybe slightly off-beat talking about leopard print since it's not in all the fashion magazines and it's not referred to as the 'hot new trend' at the moment, but still, if there's one thing that I've heard from many a stylists mouth it's: Don't throw away any of your leopard pieces! This print always comes back in style. It's that, and you should own at least one perfect Little Black Dress. So, because I feel that my leopard mania is here to stay for a while, I'll share some of my favourite ways of wearing this print. It's important to know what you're doing at all times when you're dealing with something leopard printed because we just have to face it: leopard can go from classy to trashy in a second. So jot down a few style notes from these photos to get it juuuust right.

And just to let you know before looking at the pictures: I've chosen not to post photos of the really known leopard printed looks..you know like the ones worn by Kate, Sienna, Kiera, Nicole etc. (I know, I know...Angelina's coat and Gwen's dress are quite known for the leopard lovers, but I just had to include them!) The reason why is because I would like to mix it up a little, and I have sometimes found that looking beyond my favourite style icons and towards others who I pay a little less attention to, rewards me. If you only tend to stick with a few style icons, things can easily become a bit similar and you might get a bit stuck in your ways of styling your outfits.







Do you own anything leopard printed that you absolutely love?
Images: google, the cobrasnake, style.com, the fashion spot
Ps. I'll comment on all comments tomorrow..busy busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment