Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Blogger Style Icons

Part Four, Luxe

In part four of "The Blogger Style Icons" interviews, it's the lovely Luxe from Luxenoir who has answered a few questions about her fabulous style. Her outfits are very inspiring indeed and even though they are often quite simple, she's still got that extra something that makes her style reach to another level. She's one of those girls who can put on just anything and look absolutely amazing in it. So, read on if you want to get some great tips from the one and only stylish Luxe...



Describe your everyday style
My everyday style is pretty basic, maybe a vest, cut-off denims and Dr Martens or a baggy tee, leggings and a blazer dependant on the wonderful British weather. I can't wait for winter to come around so I can start wearing my leather pants again!


Describe your party style
My party style is quite different to my everyday look; I opt for mini-dresses and shorter hemlines in general. I will either wear head to toe black or bright colours depending on my mood.

What kind of accessories do you use the most? Does is differ from your everyday style to your party style?
I barely wear jewellery as I like to keep my outfits pretty simple but I have two gold rings (one was a present from a friend) which I wear everyday and have become quite suspicious of what would happen if I didn't wear them, I suppose they have become my talisman. I nearly always wear flat shoes in the day because I'm tall anyway (5'10) and I hate being uncomfortable and I nearly always use clutch bags at night and I wear heels no matter what!



Best styling tip
Don't buy within the rules of what works with your body shape, buy what you love!


Favourite designers?
At the moment I adore what Riccardo Tisci has done with Givenchy and I would kill for a pair of Givenchy leather pants from the Fall 08 rtw collection. I also love the way he will use a colour head to toe whether it is a regal purple, hot pink or a nude. I also love Balmain, Balenciaga, Alexander Wang, Lanvin, Miu Miu, Jenni Kayne and Rodarte.


Favourite style icons?
I have far too many! Carine Roitfeld, Erin Wasson, Anna Dello Russo, Brigitte Bardot, Chloe Sevigny, Daphne Guinness, Bianca Jagger, Anna Karina, Frida Kahlo and many, many more.



Favourite places to shop?
I love the highstreet but charity shop shopping and eBay are my favourites. I love finding pieces no one else has and the thrill of finding something really amazing.

Favourite accessories?

My two gold rings and my new Moschino belt.

Favourite piece of clothing?
My leather pants.



Favourite pair of shoes?
Some leather gladiator shoes I bought in Paris, they are the most comfortable heels I have ever owned even though I'm sure everybody is sick of them by now!


Best shopping tip
eBay! Oh and travel to charity shops (thrift stores) far and wide, cast your net further and who knows what you'll find!

Where do you get your inspiration from?
From everywhere, fashion magazines, movies and literature but I prefer to just let ideas come to me rather than trying to copy something I have seen somewhere else.




Images: http://luxenoir.wordpress.com/
I will reply to all of the comments later today or tomorrow - things are still quite hectic around here, so please bare with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment